Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blah, Blah, Bedroom

Sometimes it seems as though I do nothing but decorate and work on home improvements. However, there is one room in the house that is need of some TLC- my bedroom! While I always love to look at rooms full of color, I know myself- and I know that I would get sick of it way too soon. So, I have decided to stick with a neutral color palette with the exception of a few pops of color here and there. Here are a few pics of rooms I really like and will use as inspiration for spiffing up my bedroom.

FYI! Just so you know... I am obsessed with linen.

This is one room I really like...

and this one...

and this one- for the linen pillows of course!


But, this is the room I ADORE! I love how casual it feels, and the abundant use of linen just gets me!

Also, just wanted to share this photo with you. I came across it when I was looking through my decorating binders. I realized it was so similar to Sadie (the chair I shared with you yesterday). I am really loving the use of the vintage grain sack for the upholstery! Maybe I will paint Sadie the color blue of Barb's chair, and cover it with a vintage grain sack. We'll see!


XO
SHS

3 comments:

farmhouse wares said...

I love all your picks. They're all so soft and airy--perfect for the bedroom. BTW-linen is my middle name.

our little love nest said...

All so pretty. ( I found your blog via Barb's blog, 'knack') and love it.

Sarah said...

Vintage grain sack pillows are on my to-get list! I love the way all these rooms feel so light and airy. ♥