Monday, February 2, 2009

MAKE IT! Monday.

Sorry to post so late, but I spent the day deciding what to blog. Because I enjoying making or re-doing things so much... I decided why not make a weekly or bi- monthly post on just that! What do you think of the title of this post??? Does "MAKE IT! Mondays" work??? I might change this name in the future, but for now it's a keeper.

I love to transform furniture. I am always on the hunt for old pieces that can be used in a different way. The picture below is an old dresser I converted into an island for my kitchen. This piece was originally white-washed (I wish I had the before picture). The first step of this project was removing the four bottom drawers. Then, I painted it a blue, then red, then decided on the yellow. After that I put a brown stain over the yellow just to tame the color a bit. The black was added to the tops and remaining drawers, then I sanded the edges for an aged effect. Finally, I added new drawer hardware, and baskets to the bottom.

(BELOW: dresser turned island)


Super easy project, and I think it turned out pretty darn good!

No comments: