Monday, February 9, 2009

MAKE IT! Monday.

Happy Monday to you all! It's snowing here today and I'm loving it. Something about the winter weather makes me smile. Perhaps it is the smell of a wood-burning fire (even though I don't have one), or the smell of home-made cookies, or the big fluffy socks and pj's that you can wear around the house!

I was going through my archived photos of stuff I've made, and came across these pics of pillows from a couple years back. I had such a great time making these pillows for each of my nieces. As you can see I have three different styles.

The picture below are the pillows I made for my niece Cassidy- and I refer to them as "Old Hollywood Glam".

The next photo are pillows I did for my niece Shea and I refer to these as "Boho".


In addition to the two pillows I made for each of them, I also made matching valances as shown in the picture below.

Finally, these are the pillows I made for my niece Andy, and refer to them as "Urban Edge".

I chose to blog about pillows on this "Make It Monday" to inspire others. Pillows are one of the easiest ways to change the look and feel of a room. Additionally, each of the fabrics used in the pillows shown were purchased on clearance. With a little imagination, you can make your own version of an Anthropologie pillow for a fraction of the cost. The most expensive purchase was the bead encrusted ribbon on the Old Hollywood silver pillow, which was $6.00. Other than that each pillow was made for less than $5.00, and I still have fabric left over.
Happy pillow making!

No comments: