Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Studio- Needs Color!

So this is my new studio. My old studio was the garage- that's right I get shoved into the garage- not for long though-It was getting way too cold to be working out there, plus I need a cool space to be creative- not a dingy garage! Anyway this is the bare bones of my studio. It needs desperate help with color.

These are the rooms that I like and am using for inspiration.

I really like the color combinations in the photo above. I have such a hard time deciding on color. I get sick of it way too fast, but I want to really have a different vibe in my studio compared to the rest of our home.

This is an Amy Butler room. The image was taken at a textile / quilt trade show. You gotta love Amy Butler- she is so talented and I absolutely love her style. She has got a great book out called Midwest Modern. You can order it through Amazon- actually I need to add it to my Amazon list of books. I checked it out a couple of weeks ago while visiting Borders and it is on my must-have list! I really like this image because it is so calming, but I think I might get bored with that look too. I just love the small hints of brown in the baskets.

The final image is the studio / creative center (probably one of many) for Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic empire. I totally love the casual, slip-covered style she is so famous for. This is one of my many problems I love way too many looks. I finally had to decide on a style for my house, but damn I wished I owned several so they could all be decorated different.

So if you have any suggestions on my studio design or color selections I would love to hear them. If not, I will post my final studio photos within the next few weeks and keep you guessing on what I decided until then!

No comments: