Friday, January 23, 2009

Food Friday!

There's no denying it- I LOVE food! I use several food blogs for inspiration and recipes (as well as books). If you love photos tastespotting is the best blog for yummy images! I must warn you though- you will feel overwhelmed, everything looks soooo good and tempting- what to make??? what to make?? Well, in our house Friday night is usually reserved for pizza. I have researched pizza dough- using Trader Joe's pre-made dough as well as Whole Foods. I have tried Boboli's pre-made crust and I have to say- nothing taste as good as making your own dough from scratch.

Now, there are several recipes for pizza dough- but there is only one that I RAVE about! I found my pizza dough recipe through 101cookbooks blog- which is another fave of mine. Heidi Swanson is the author of the blog which focuses on healthy, natural cooking. The recipe she references in her blog is for Peter Reinhart's Napoletana Pizza Dough Recipe and it really is as fabulous as Heidi claims. So, for today's food blog I suggest this-Make a PIZZA! There are so many wonderful topping options- but don't stray from Peter Reinhart's dough recipe.
Some of my favorite combos include the following:
  • chicken, pesto, pine nut
  • prosciutto, sausage, sun dried tomatoes
  • basil, tomato, mozzarella slices
  • fig, goat cheese, caramelized onion and prosciutto

Here are some pics for you to drool over!


(BELOW: Images courtesy Tastespotting)

I bet you're hungry now- until next Friday!

No comments: