Thursday, January 29, 2009

Charity Baby!

Yesterday on the Today Show, one of the guests provided a list of various charity organizations looking for donations. The charities vary on what they accept, which is perfect because we all have at least one item that meets the needs of one charity. I believe firmly in purging yourself of possessions that have no real sense of meaning in your life. I constantly clean out my closets, refrigerator, garage, cupboards, etc. etc. I will admit- I am obsessive. Even if your not obsessive like me, (and thank goodness- who wants to be a crazy clean freak like me) you should try cleaning out your closets, drawers, or any other space accumulating items that are never used or seen. Here is a list of the charities that would love to receive your donations.

  • 911cellphonebank.org

  • unitedforsight.com

  • sharetechnology.org

  • booksforAfrica.org

  • babybuggy.org

  • dressforsuccess.org

  • furniturebank.org

Please take the time over the next few months to go through your stuff and donate at least one item to a worthwhile organization.


Ok, so on a lighter note, but DEVASTATING... I just learned through one of my favorite blogs Housemartin that Domino Magazine is closing- How will I go on??? This is now two magazines that I subscribe to that have gone under. First, Cottage Living, now this. What else is there to do but consume unhealthy amounts of cookies, ice cream or pizza! Little dramatic??? ok your right... I am being dramatic or possibly looking for any reason to over indulge, but this is a big bummer. I promise not to lose control (tonight atleast, because it's past 9, and I'm too tired to walk to the kitchen, and I have NONE of the things I mentioned), but I thought it necessary to provide an example of how a person loses total control. I mean a girl can only handle so much bad news!


Farewell Friend!

No comments: