Tuesday, December 16, 2008

S.H.S At Home for the Holiday





Here are a few pics of my holiday decor '08. My inspiration came from Cottage Living, Country Home and of course Mrs. Brown- Katie Brown that is. So, whats you think- you like??? I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.


The run down on the tree: Since I am obsessed (as previously mentioned) with pine cones - I painted the tips of several cones an off-white, then placed on the tree- I love the way it looks to add pine cones back to a tree. Then, I cut aspen logs into discs and hand painted several inspirational holiday words such as: joy, peace, love and hope. Next I made burlap bows out of remnants and then added a few twine stars (picked up on discount at Ben Franklin last year) and topped it all off with a burlap bow for the final touch. I feel it looks very earthy and oh so HeddyShea.

For the stockings- I used burlap and leftover white linen. I purchased my letters "L, H and C" from Ben Franklin and attached all to an old bed frame of mine- it works out pretty darn well.


Table setting details...I spray painted a few things I already had around the house (LOVE spray paint) like my candle holders- painted cream, and two separate chargers I had purchased last year. One set of chargers received the cream paint, and the other metallic bronze. I topped the chargers with cream napkins (also already had) held in place by chocolate brown ribbon, small sprig of pine needles, and hand painted name plates on aspen.

No comments: