Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Successful Sale!

I held my first ever yard sale this weekend, and it was a huge success. I was out at 6 am setting up, and not long after people were already filling the streets. I can't believe I actually worried if people would show up!


I did three things that I really think helped make it such a success.


~One, I had these balloons, and this boy holding them. Well, not the entire day, but long enough for me to take a couple shots! But, I had a large bouquet of balloons to grab attention.


~Two, I used one of my chalkboard frames to write this: Don't Be Shy, Come on Down, At least One Bargain is Bound to be Found! I placed the sign at the end of my driveway, and I'm so happy I did. I wanted to lure those people in that have a tendency to slowly drive by, and it worked! Plus, several people inquired on the frame, and if I would sell it. Of course I said no, but I gave out my email address if they were looking to have one made!



~The final thing I did that I think was an important factor was using twine and cream colored tags for all pricing. I bundled all sheets, blankets, kitchen items, frames, clothing, shoes, etc. with twine and a nice tag. People really seemed to appreciated my effort.


So there you have it, my three tips for a successful yard sale!



XO

SHS!

No comments: